Again we find ourselves contracted to change the door locks on another mobile caravan. The owners had lost the keys and now needed to get into the caravan to get it ready for the summer.
The main entry / exit door was of the same construction as the one changed previously with a similar Mortice Sash Lock fitted.
As with other caravans we have worked upon, the lock and handles were badly rusted so we had to cut the handles off as they were welded on with rust. Once they were removed the old lock came out relatively easy but this time we did not have a new lock to fit in its place. We ordered a new replacement but due to a lack of stock on the part of the supplier, delivery would take at least 5 days. To keep the caravan secure in the meantime we fitted a different type of lock as a temporary measure. Unfortunately, with this option it meant we could not fit any handles to the door but the customers were happy they could atleast use the door and it was still completely secure.
Once the new lock was received, we arranged a mutually good time to fit it. The new lock fitted the existing hole and required the minimum of alteration. The addition of the new handles completed the job and looked pretty good.